- Clear, low profile, polyolefin fastener is half the thickness of standard 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners and is self-mating
- Interlocking mushroom-shaped heads provide strong, reliable and durable fastening that can be opened and closed multiple times
- Clear acrylic tape bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass and plastics such as acrylics, polycarbonate and ABS
- Strong fastener secures with an audible snap, verifying closure
- An alternative to screws and bolts, this hidden fastener provides a snug fit and smooth aesthetic appearance
- Features good temperature resistance of 220°F (104°C)
- Best suited for indoor and outdoor use
3M™ Dual Lock™ Low Profile Reclosable Fastener SJ4580 has a clear, acrylic tape that bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass and plastics such as acrylics, polycarbonate and ABS. Half the thickness of standard 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners, this low profile attachment is an alternative to screws and bolts and provides a snug fit and smooth appearance.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners are available in three stem densities to customize for the strength requirements of your project
3M™ Dual Lock™ Low Profile Reclosable Fastener SJ4580 is designed for indoor use and low to medium temperature performance. This product offers temperature resistance up to 220°F and can be used with metals such as aluminum and stainless steel; as well as glass, many plastics (polypropylene, polyethylene, polycarbonate, ABS) powder coated paints and medium to low surface energy materials.
- Graphic panels
- Display shelves
- Light-weight access panels
- Decorative acoustic panels
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ4580 Low Profile consists of interlocking mushroom-shaped heads that easily slide over each other, allowing for positioning of parts before being snapped together. This fastening process creates a durable attachment and provides fast product assembly with great design flexibility.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners sound an audible snap when secure, which verifies closure of the attachment. To disengage, simply peel the pieces apart by hand. 3M fasteners maintain their strength throughout multiple attachments and detachments. A lightweight alternative to metal fasteners, this product remains hidden beneath surfaces and does not interfere with the integrity of your material—providing aesthetic improvements and design flexibility.
Reattaches in a Snap
When two pieces of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Low Profile Reclosable Fasteners mate, the stems flex and the mushroom heads slide past each other. After passing the opposing mating piece, the stems snap back into their original position and the opposing mushroom heads interlock. These fasteners can provide high tensile strength but can be opened by simply cleaving or peeling open the closure. This product is well suited for many indoor and outdoor applications where versatile reclosable fastening system is required.
Delivers Long-Lasting Performance
Not all design requirements are easily satisfied, but you can simplify your attachments. When you need a strong, reliable, yet removable closure, 3M™ Dual Lock™ Low Profile Reclosable Fasteners are the easy alternative to traditional fastening methods such as screws, nuts or bolts.