- Off-white, 0.045 in. (1.2 mm) open-cell, flexible urethane foam carrier
- High tack adhesive
- Durable foam is ideal for interior mounting applications
- Ideal for bonding, attaching, and mounting
- The foam dampens and prevents vibration
3M™ Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape 4085 is an off-white, 0.045 in. (1.2 mm) thick, double coated, open cell urethane foam tape that offers high shear strength. It is ideal for applications such as mounting interior signage and nameplates along with soap dispensers and air fresheners.
3M Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape 4085 is an excellent choice for interior mounting applications where the tape will be protected from the environment
What is Double Coated Tape?
- General interior and exterior mounting applications where the tape will be protected from the environment
- Mount interior signs and nameplates
- Mounting dispensers and air fresheners
- Bond acoustic panels to walls
- Attach wire clips to various surfaces
- Mount corner protectors
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are ready to be attached. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tape are found in construction, fabrication, arts, and hobby.