- Polyester film carrier provides dimensional stability to foams and other substrates to make tape easier to handle during slitting and die-cutting
- Excellent bond to low surface energy substrates including powder coatings and plastics such as polypropylene (PP)
- High adhesion to metals and high surface energy materials, making it suitable for bonding dissimilar substrates
- Adhesive provides excellent holding power and anti-lifting properties
- Good resistance to industrial chemicals, consumer chemicals, moisture and humidity
- Ideal solution for general purpose attachment and assemblies of a wide variety of materials
- Meets a wide variety of automotive and OEM specifications
Comprised of a polyester film backing with a layer of adhesive on each side, 3M™ Double Coated Tape 93005LE is a market proven, double coated transfer tape with good anti-lifting properties. This tape bonds well to similar and dissimilar materials including, metals, most plastics, glass, papers and painted surfaces.
Ideal for die-cutting and converting applications
Versatile, Market Leading Performance
For applications requiring premium performance and an ultra thin profile, use our versatile 3M™ Double Coated Tape 93005LE. This tape is a market leading solution for bonding plastics in a variety of applications across a broad spectrum of industries. It offers good chemical, humidity and moisture resistance, as well as performance across a wide temperature range (from -40°F/-40°C to 300°F/148°C). The bond strength increases as a function of time and temperature, and has very high initial adhesion.
This tape is supplied on a tan 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner ideal for die-cutting and converting applications. The polyester carrier provides dimensional stability to foams and other substrates, making it easier to handle the tape during slitting and die-cutting. Part of the 3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 300LSE family, this tape is manufactured using a solventless manufacturing process. 3M™ Double Coated Tape 93005LE meets UL746C (reference file QOQW2.MH17478).
Excellent Adhesion to a Variety of Surfaces
- Consumer electronic device assemblies such as flexible printed circuits (FPC) and thin component bonding in phones, tablets and wearable devices
- Industrial electronic device assemblies such as workstations
- Plastic assembly bonding in a variety of industries
- Various assemblies in the automotive industry
- Application and assembly of components on appliances
- Medical equipment and device fabrication
- General industrial applications such as trim attachment
3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 300LSE is an acrylic adhesive family designed to provide very high bond strength to most surfaces, including a wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials. This includes most plastics, metals, glass, papers and painted surfaces. This market proven adhesive is also used on our reliable 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9471LE and features good chemical, solvent, moisture and humidity resistance. This adhesive can perform at temperatures up to 300°F/148°C.
What is Double Coated Tape?
Double-coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are ready to be attached. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tapes are found in construction, fabrication, arts, and hobby.
Reduce Harmful Processes
This 3M™ bonding tape is an example of a product that is produced via a solventless manufacturing process. Purchasing this tape instead of one created using a solvent-based manufacturing process can result in GHG emissions reductions that may be counted by your company, called Scope 3, Category 1 GHG reduction. Scope 3 emissions are all indirect emissions that occur in the value chain of the reporting company, including both upstream and downstream emissions.