- Polyester film carrier provides dimensional stability for easier to handle during slitting and die-cutting
- Faceside adhesive provides excellent bond strength to a variety of high surface energy substrates such as metals and high surface energy plastics, including ABS, acrylic, and polycarbonate
- Backside adhesive provides an excellent bond to low surface energy substrates including powder coatings and plastics such as polypropylene (PP)
- Differential adhesion provides ability to attach dissimilar substrates with ease
- Backside adhesive provides excellent holding power and anti-lifting properties
- Good resistance to industrial chemicals, consumer chemicals, moisture and humidity
- Ideal solution for specialty attachment and assemblies of a wide variety of materials
Comprised of a polyester film backing with a layer of adhesive on each side, 3M™ Double Coated Tape 9496LE is a market proven, double coated transfer tape with good anti-lifting properties. This differential adhesion system provides the ability to bond to similar and dissimilar materials and surfaces.
Ideal for die-cutting and converting applications
Versatile, Market Leading Performance
For applications requiring adhesion to high energy substrates use the versatile 3M™ Double Coated Tape 9496LE
(PDF, 39 Kb). This tape is a market leading solution for bonding plastics in a variety of applications across a broad spectrum of industries. It offers good chemical, humidity and moisture resistance, as well as performance across a wide temperature range (from -40°F/-40°C to 300°F/148°C). The bond strength increases as a function of time and temperature, and has very high initial adhesion.
The faceside of this tape is comprised of a layer of 3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 200MP, a high-performance acrylic adhesive that provides outstanding adhesion to metal and high surface energy plastics, as well as short term repositionability. The backside is a layer 3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 300LSE, an acrylic adhesive with good chemical and humidity resistance. It offers outstanding adhesion to low surface energy surfaces.
Both the backside and the faceside of this tape is supplied on a tan 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner ideal for die-cutting and converting applications. The polyester carrier provides dimensional stability to foams and other substrates, making it easier to handle the tape during slitting and die-cutting.
Excellent Adhesion to a Variety of Surfaces
- Specialty applications
- Differential assembly, such as attaching metal to plastic
- General industrial applications such as trim attachment
3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 300LSE is an acrylic adhesive family designed to provide very high bond strength to most surfaces, including a wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials. This includes most plastics, metals, glass, papers and painted surfaces. This market proven adhesive is also used on the reliable 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9471LE and features good chemical, solvent, moisture and humidity resistance. This adhesive can perform at temperatures up to 300°F/148°C.
What is Double Coated Tape?
Double-coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are ready to be attached. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tapes are found in construction, fabrication, arts, and hobby.
Reduce Harmful Processes
This 3M™ bonding tape is an example of a product that is produced via a solventless manufacturing process. Purchasing this tape instead of one created using a solvent-based manufacturing process can result in GHG emissions reductions that may be counted by your company, called Scope 3, Category 1 GHG reduction. Scope 3 emissions are all indirect emissions that occur in the value chain of the reporting company, including both upstream and downstream emissions.