- Trim down and refresh discs to add life and efficiency and save on wasted materials
- Grind with more volume and in hard-to-reach areas
- Make quick changes with a handy 3” diameter that adapter connects 3M™ Disc Kut-Down™ abrasive discs to handheld grinders
- Use with Kut-Down™ Disc Adapter, 3”, PN 05533
- Use for paint removal and metal grinding
- Maintain stability at high temperatures with heat-resistant resin finish
- Add speed cut-rate and long life with aluminum oxide discs
3M™ Disc Kut-Down™ Discs are used for a variety of collision repair jobs. They feature extremely coarse grades down to 24 grit for effective grinding and include a built-in backing plate that provides durable support and easy adapter attachment. Disc Kut-Down™ means that as the discs wear, the edges can be trimmed and refreshed so you can keep your discs longer and minimize wasted material.
Built-in backing plate provides durable support
Use for paint removal and metal grinding
Our 3M™ Disc Kut-Down™ Discs are made with aluminum oxide, a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral makes a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges, whereas traditional natural abrasives dull more quickly. Due to its fast cut-rate, hardness, and strength, it is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing applications. Aluminum oxide is suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Maintain stability at high temperatures
Heat-resistant resin is a sturdy binding agent that adheres the abrasive to the backing and maintains the stability of the bond even in conditions of high heat or pressure.
3M™ Kut-Down™ Disc Adapter, 3", PN 05533
Use with Kut-Down™ Disc Adapter, 3", PN 05533
Vital for increasing your grinding capabilities in collision repair, our 3M™ Disc Kut-Down™ Abrasive Disc Adapter lets technicians quickly and easily adapt our aggressive 3M™ Disc Kut-Down™ Discs to a variety of common hand held shop tools — the full power of industrial abrasive discs right in the palm of your hand.