- High initial adhesion to chrome and paint ensures reliable applications of narrow letters
- Unique handling properties enable minimal edge-welding
- Ease in die-cutting works with intricate lettering
- Excellent twist resistance better supports the trend toward letters with narrow stroke width letters
- Adhesive adheres well to scratch- and mar-resistant paint systems
- Black color is inconspicuous after installation
3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2008PET securely attaches nameplates, badges and emblems to the exterior of vehicles. Our tape is a 0.8 mm thick, black foam tape with a clear, low-stretch, polyester liner that has been silicone treated on both sides for easy one-piece release and efficient tape application.
Tape has a firm core that resists twisting forces
A Specialty Tape for Applying Nameplates, Badges and More
When attaching nameplates, badges and emblems to the exterior of vehicles, 3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2008PET delivers convenience and reliability to boost productivity. Relying on decades of experience in formulating adhesives, 3M developed an advance adhesive that offers high initial and lasting adhesion on new scratch- and mar-resistant paint technologies. Our tape will adhere reliably on both chrome and paint. High initial adhesion makes the job of affixing exterior attachments easier for automotive technicians.
See more about Improved Solution for Badge and Emblem Attachments
(PDF, 1.3 Mb)
Best of Both Worlds: Ease of Handing with Improved Quality
The unique handling properties of our 3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2008PET enables minimal edge-welding, which helps improve the die cutting process even with intricate letters. With the trend toward narrow width letters and individual lettered badges, our tape excels for this purpose because of its high twist resistance. When using our tape, there is a reduced chance for missing letters. The black color of the tape is inconspicuous so that is doesn't distract from the appearance of the vehicle.
Advantages of Using Pressure Sensitive Tape
Using our tape offers numerous benefits over other adhesive products. Automotive technicians appreciate 3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2008PET for these reasons:
From Our 3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2000 Series
- Uniform thickness throughout the bondline
- Confinement of the adhesive to the immediate bonding area
- Clean bonding without dripping or overflow
- Minimum adhesive waste
- Ability to die-cut into complex shapes to bond complex shapes or parts with narrow bonding surfaces
3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2008PET is part of our series of tapes that represent the latest in exterior attachment tape technology. Advantages for automotive manufacturers are the potential for fewer warranty claims related to nameplates, badges and emblems falling off, reduced in-plant rework and overall brand image among car buyers. Our tape features an improved adhesive formula designed for new automotive paint systems, such as powder coats and nanoparticle-based clear coats.
Learn more about the 3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2000 Series
(PDF, 196 Kb)