- Pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) backing for easy attachment to machine or support plate
- Micron-graded diamond mineral cuts sharp but delivers fine finishes
- May be used on a variety of substrates, including ceramic
- Evenly-spaced mineral helps remove workpiece imperfections at a consistent, controlled rate
- Good for lapping, finishing, polishing
Balancing sharp cutting action with fine finishing, we engineer our 3M™ Diamond Metal Bond PSA Disc 6MB8 by adhering micron-graded diamond mineral to a brass plate; this abrasive is ideal for lapping and similar applications.
For use on lap machines with a rigid, flat support plate, with water or other lubricant to prolong disc life
We engineer our 3M™ Diamond Metal Bond PSA Disc 6MB8 by electroplating applying micron graded diamond mineral to a flat brass plate. It's a process that helps apply the mineral uniformly to abrasive products, which, in turn, contributes to improved cutting action throughout the abrasive's life. Abrasive micron grades includes 6, 15, 30, 45, 220 and mesh grades 220 and 100.
Use 3M™ Diamond Metal Bond PSA Disc 6MB8 for flat lapping, metallurgical testing, sharpening carbide tools, gem faceting, grinding glassy materials that generate erosive swarf, and flat lapping applications that in that require superior surface finishes and for projects that need good precision and control.
Aside from selecting micron-graded diamond mineral
(PDF, 1.95 Mb), 3M™ Diamond Metal Bond PSA Disc 6MB8 features a pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) backing to help operators effectively secure the disc to their machinery. Altogether, our 3M™ Diamond Metal Bond PSA Disc 6MB8 is great for projects with close tolerances, helping deliver fine finishes and workpiece refinement.