- Sheets make for excellent per-pound installed cost ratios on larger jobs
- Absorbs and dissipates vibration and reduces noise in metal and plastic panels
- Durable aluminum backing resists aging and moisture
- 250 mil open cell polyurethane foam absorbs and attenuates vibration
- Acrylic adhesive aggressively bonds to structural surfaces
- Easy to apply – only hand pressure required
- Meets Federal Air Regulation Flammability Specifications for acoustical insulation materials F.A.R. 25.853(b)
3M™ Damping Aluminum Foam Sheet 4014 is a vibration and noise reduction material provided in sheets for excellent per-pound cost ratios. Open cell polyurethane foam with an aluminum-urethane constraining layer absorbs panel vibration and dissipates it to negligible heat, reducing resonant noise and fatigue. Pressure-sensitive adhesive and easy-release liner make for fast, smooth application.
- Larger-scale jobs where cost-per-pound ratios are important
- Reduce resonant noise, vibration and fatigue in metal panels and support structures
- Applications requiring flame resistance, thermal conductance or resistance to low temps
- Chutes, conveyors, bins, metal shop boxes and tables where metal contact causes vibration
- General noise reduction
- Die cutting aluminum foil parts for aerospace applications - F.A.R. 25.853(b)
3M™ Damping Aluminum Foam Sheet 4014 provides good thermal insulation, and is tested to perform at temperatures as low as -94°F (-70°C). It also delivers excellent resistance to moisture, aging and fatigue.
The Sound Science of Damping from 3M
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life —developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. This applies especially to our damping products like 3M™ Damping Aluminum Foam Sheet 4014 — delivering the science behind vibration and sound reduction to help businesses like yours operate faster, better and more efficiently.