- Graded-porosity filter medium provides up to 4 times more life than most conventional bag filters for fewer change-outs
- Easily retrofits standard bag filter housings
- Reduced filter changes help minimize product loss, labor, disposal costs, and operator exposure.
- Cartridge design reduces filter medium rupture, contaminant by-pass and unloading
- Simplifies filter installation, removal and disposal
The 3M™ DF series filter element is a proven alternative to most conventional bag filters. Our filter is a true graded porosity media structure that provides a 62% increase in surface area compared to a standard #2 bag and up to 4 times more service life.
The 3M™ DF series filter media consists of 2 layers with the first layer being "open" to remove the larger contaminants while the second layer is "tighter" to remove the smaller contaminants. Our graded porosity structure provides greater contaminant holding capacity and longer life than conventional single layer media. Compared to conventional felt filter bags, 3M DF series filter element provide up to 4 times the service life, superior contaminant reduction efficiency, enhanced flow per filter and reduced losses associated with frequent filter change-outs.
The 3M DF series filter element consists of two cylinders bonded to a top plate and a lower seal plate. As fluid enters the top of the filter through flow channels in the top plate, it flows between the inner and outer media cylinders. Then it passes through the media and support basket and into the clean chamber of the filter housing. Our design incorporates an innovative geometry of both bag filter and restrainer basket, giving complete 3-dimensional support of the media. This eliminates the potential for bag filter rupture and the resulting gross contamination of the downstream effluent. The 3M DF series filter element design reduces hold-up fluid volume by 67% compared to conventional filter bags, which helps minimize worker exposure to process fluids due to less frequent bag change-outs.
3M™ DF Series Filter Best Features
100% downstream support of the filter element
Superior flow characteristics
- Eliminates filter rupture, contaminant bypass and unloading
- Allows operation to higher differential pressures before filter change-out
Greater media surface area
- Maximizes utilization of filter surface area and maintains low operating pressure drop
- Reduces flow per unit area (flux) for improved effluent quality
Greater contaminant holding capacity
- Achieves up to four times the service life as compared to conventional filter bags
- Improves the retention efficiency of the bag filter
- Media layers of different porosities are combined to form a graded porosity structure
- Each nominally rated filter medium has been optimized to achieve the longest service life
We use advanced thermal sealing processes to weld the side seams to form the bag and secure the sealing ring. Thermal-singe treatment of the exterior surface prevents material fibers from migrating into the clean filtered process media. Each grade of the 3M™ DF series filter element is manufactured from high performance fibers that are selected, based on extensive media performance testing. No adhesives, binders or silicone are used in the manufacturing processes.
Learn more about 3M™ DF Series Filter Systems
- Industrial waters
- Wine filtration
- Beer micro filtration
- Process Water
- Water Treatment
(PDF, 2.4 Mb)