- Air release feature helps eliminate air bubbles under plates
- Plate side adhesive technology is designed to remove with less force from ink-contaminated flexographic print plates
- Light medium density foam is ideal for combinations of solids and process with halftone dots
- Pink foam color indicates light medium density foam
- High adhesion on cylinder/sleeve side
- Cross-hatch pattern in release liner creates grooves in adhesive to help release air
- Plate easily demounts from the tape without adhesive residue
- Plate adhesive is designed to remove easily from urethane sleeves and ink-contaminated print plates
- Excellent for flexographic printing and printers
- Cushioned flexographic plate mounting sticky back foam tape
Our 3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape L1915S with easy mount adhesive is designed for mounting flexographic print plates to urethane sleeves. This 0.015 inch (0.38 mm) pink double coated foam plate mounting tape provides light medium combination print.
- Mounting photopolymer plates to flexographic printing urethane sleeves
- Used in combination, process and solid printing processes
- 3M sticky back tapes are designed for narrow web presses to print tag and labels
Used in flexographic plate mounting
3M flexographic plate mounting tapes
(PDF, 582.0 Kb) are highly engineered to provide very tight caliper tolerance to allow printers to use tape from different manufacturing lots and keep tight print registration. The compressible foam will withstand long and high speed print runs.
This cushion tape is manufactured for 15 mil applications. It is constructed with engineered acrylic adhesives. The adhesive on the linered (plate) side of the tape is designed for mounting photopolymer plates. Easy plate removal from tape may result in less worker fatigue and plate damage. The adhesive on the non-linered (sleeve) side is designed for mounting to flexographic printing urethane sleeves, providing easy application at mounting and clean removal when demounting.
On Easy with Reduced Air Entrapment
3M air release liners have a crosshatched pattern, unlike other mounting tapes that use a pebbled or flat release liner. The embossed crosshatched pattern imprints unique micro-channels into the easy mount adhesive that allows entrapped air to escape. Air bubbles disappear from between the tape and plate, and between the tape and sleeve or cylinder for virtually bubble-free mounting. Setup is faster with smoother surfaces for cleaner print quality and higher productivity. The adhesive maintains tight contact with reduced edge lifting.
Keep the Presses Running and Your Customers Coming Back
For decades, 3M products have been at work in printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done.