- 0.040 inch (1.02 mm) double coated foam tape has the air release feature with a plate side adhesive technology designed to remove with less force from flexographic print plates
- Has a firm density foam that is ideal for printing combinations of solids and process with halftone dots
- Blue foam color indicates the firm density foam
- Securely bonds the flexographic photopolymer plate to the print sleeve or steel cylinder to prevent plate edge lifting during printing
- Print plates mounted on E1840 will have no air bubbles under the plate due to the air release feature designed into the tape
- Grooves in the adhesive are created by a cross-hatch pattern from the release liner
- Plate easily demounts from the double coated cushioned tape without adhesive residue
- Tape also removes cleanly from the sleeve or steel print cylinder
- Flexographic printing, flexographic printers
- Cushioned flexographic plate mounting sticky back foam tape
Our 3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1840 with easy mount adhesive is designed for mounting flexographic print plates to cylinders or sleeves. This blue foam mounting tape provides high quality firm combination print.
3M flexographic plate mounting tapes
- Mounting photopolymer plates to flexographic printing cylinders and sleeves
- Used in combination, process and solid printing processes
- 3M sticky back tapes are designed for wide-web presses to print film or paper for flexible packaging industry
(PDF, 5.00 Mb) are highly engineered to provide very tight caliper tolerance to allow printers to use tape from different manufacturing lots and keep tight print registration. The compressible foam will withstand long and high speed print runs.
This cushion tape is manufactured for 40 mil applications. It is constructed with engineered acrylic adhesives. The adhesive on the linered (plate) side of the tape is designed for mounting of photopolymer plates. The adhesive on the non-linered (sleeve/cylinder) side is designed for mounting to flexographic printing cylinders or sleeves, providing easy application at mounting and clean removal when demounting.
On Easy with Reduced Air Entrapment
3M air release liners have a crosshatched pattern, unlike other mounting tapes that use a pebbled or flat release liner. The embossed crosshatched pattern imprints unique microchannels into the easy mount adhesive that allows entrapped air to escape. Air bubbles disappear from between the tape and plate, and between the tape and sleeve or cylinder for virtually bubble-free mounting. Setup is faster with smoother surfaces for cleaner print quality and higher productivity. The adhesive maintains tight contact with reduced edge lifting.
Keep the Presses Running and your Customers Coming Back
Note: This technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only and should not be used for specification purposes.
||Application Thickness Inches (mm)
||Manufactured Target Thickness Inches (mm)
|18 Series — 3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Firm Combination Plate Mounting Tapes
||Differential acrylate adhesive system on each side of a foam carrier, protected by a release liner on one side.
||Better solid ink density than the standard combination printing tapes. Clean removal from plate and print cylinder.
DL — Double Liner; E — Air Release, Standard Plate Side Adhesion; EH — Air Release, High Plate Side Adhesion; K — High Sleeve Side Adhesion for Composite Sleeves; L — Air Release, Less Removal Force and Plate Damage; M — Modified Plate Side Adhesion; P — Photopolymer Plates; R — For Rubber Plates; S — High Adhesion on Cylinder/Sleeve Side; SL — Sleeve; SS — Stainless Steel Cylinder
For decades, 3M products have been at work in printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done.