- Air release feature helps eliminate air bubbles under plates
- Plate side adhesive technology is designed to resist edge lifting on flexographic print plates
- Light density foam is ideal for combinations of solids and process with halftone dots
- Orange foam color indicates the light density foam
- Securely bonds flexographic photopolymer plates to print sleeves or steel cylinders to prevent plate edge lifting
- Has higher plate side adhesion for challenging print conditions with thick plates or small print sleeves
- Cross-hatch pattern from the release liner creates grooves in the adhesive to release air
- Plate demounts from double coated cushioned tape without adhesive residue
- Also removes cleanly from the sleeve or steel print cylinder
- For flexographic printing, flexographic printers
- Cushioned flexographic plate mounting sticky back foam tape
Our 3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1220H with easy mount adhesive is designed for mounting flexographic print plates to cylinders or sleeves. This 0.020 inch (0.51 mm) double coated orange foam mounting tape provides high quality light combination print.
Differential acrylate adhesive system on each side of a foam carrier, protected by a release liner on one side
- Mounting photopolymer plates to flexographic printing cylinders and sleeves
- Used in combination, process and solid printing processes
- 3M sticky back tapes are designed for wide-web presses to print film or paper for flexible packaging industry
3M flexographic plate mounting tapes are highly engineered to provide very tight caliper tolerance to allow printers to use tape from different manufacturing lots and keep tight print registration. The compressible foam will withstand long and high speed print runs.
Wide choice of adhesives, foams and thickness
This cushion tape is manufactured for 20 mil applications. It is constructed with engineered acrylic adhesives. The adhesive on the linered (plate) side of the tape is designed for mounting of photopolymer plates. The adhesive on the non-linered (sleeve/cylinder) side is designed for mounting to flexographic printing cylinders or sleeves, providing easy application at mounting and clean removal when demounting.
On Easy with Reduced Air Entrapment
3M air release liners have a crosshatched pattern, unlike other mounting tapes that use a pebbled or flat release liner. The embossed crosshatched pattern imprints unique micro-channels into the easy mount adhesive that allows entrapped air to escape. Air bubbles disappear from between the tape and plate, and between the tape and sleeve or cylinder for virtually bubble-free mounting. Setup is faster with smoother surfaces for cleaner print quality and higher productivity. The adhesive maintains tight contact with reduced edge lifting.
Keep the Presses Running and your Customers Coming Back
For decades, 3M products have been at work in printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done.