- Disinfects in 1 minute, protects ports for up to 7 days if not removed.
- Twists on easily and stays securely in place.
- Unique design shields excess alcohol from entering lumen while providing sufficient flow of alcohol precisely where it is needed – on the exposed exterior of the male luer.
- Brightly colored to help clinicians verify and measure compliance.
- In vitro testing shows effectiveness against six microorganisms commonly associated with CLABSI: Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida glabrata, and Candida albicans.
- Meets 2016 Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice for add-on devices published by INS.
- For single-use only.
- Rx only.
3M™ Curos Tips™ Disinfecting Cap Strip for Male Luers is specially designed to disinfect the critical surfaces and protects the distal end of I.V. tubing and other male luer devices. Meeting the high-efficacy standards of all Curos Disinfecting Port Protectors, Curos Tips Disinfecting Caps utilize 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to disinfect in 1 minute.
Effective against Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida glabrata, and Candida albicans.
Packaged to hang from I.V. pole for easy access, greater compliance and reduced waste.
Using a peripheral line bundle that includes 3M™ Curos™ Disinfecting Caps and Curos Tips™ Disinfecting Caps provides effective disinfection. Effective disinfection of needleless connectors and male luers on peripheral lines has been associated with a significant decrease in primary peripheral bloodstream infections (PLABSI).
Made in the USA
Shelf life: 3 years
U.S. Patent number 8,172,825
Curos Disinfecting Port Protectors for Home Use
With a medical prescription, patients can order Curos disinfecting port protectors for home use. Please fill out the form below and a representative will contact you.
- Disinfect male luers.
- Curos Tips disinfecting caps may be used in the home or a healthcare facility.
- 3 year shelf life. Please refer to product expiration date.