- Disinfects in 1 minute. Protects ports for up to 7 days if not removed.
- Twists on easily and stays securely in place on commonly used needleless connectors.
- Brightly colored to help clinicians verify and measure compliance.
- In vitro testing shows effectiveness against the six microorganisms commonly associated with CLABSI: Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida glabrata, and Candida albicans.
- Meets 2016 Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice for add-on devices published by INS.
- For single-use only.
Consistent use of Curos disinfecting caps on I.V. needleless connectors is associated with decreased CLABSI. Curos caps are alcohol-containing caps that twist onto ports for disinfection and protection. Each Curos cap contains 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) which bathes the surface of the port and disinfects it in 1 minute.
- Disinfect needleless connectors before line access.
- Curos disinfecting caps may be used in the home or a healthcare facility.
- 3 year shelf life. Please refer to product expiration date.
- Use only on needleless connectors. Do not use on open female luers.