- Kit includes five 1/2 x 18 inch Cubitron™ II file belts
- Features both 984F and 947A abrasive belts in varying grits
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain cuts exceptionally fast, helping increase productivity
- Engineered to run cooler, reducing the chance of metal discoloration or stress cracks
- Precision-Shaped Grain requires less pressure, which can mean less operator fatigue
- Stays sharp longer, producing more parts per belt and requiring fewer belt changes
- Strong backing excels in medium/high pressure applications
3M™ Cubitron™ II File Belt Kit includes an assortment of file belts made with 3M Precision-Shaped Grain on durable cloth backings. These high-performing belts are ideal for medium to high pressure applications on carbon steel, stainless steel and other exotic alloys. This pack features two 984F belts and three 947A belts in various grades.
3M™ Cubitron™ II File Belts work great for grinding, dimensioning and deburring applications
3M Precision-Shaped Grains
The 3M™ Cubitron™ II File Belt Kit allows you to try a range of abrasive file belts in one convenient package. This pack features belts that feature precision-shaped ceramic grain which continually fracture into super-sharp points and edges that slice cleanly through metal, rather than gouging or plowing as traditional abrasives do. This creates a super-fast cut and lessens heat build-up in the workpiece, reducing heat-related stress cracks and discoloration. Moreover, because the abrasives themselves stay cooler and sharper, they last significantly longer than conventional ceramic grain belts, decreasing costs and reducing belt changeovers.
The exceptionally fast cut and long life of precision-shaped grain make this belt ideal for industrial environments. It is also heat resistant, produces a uniform finish over the life of the product, and helps eliminate burning during end-grain sanding applications. The tough cloth backing on the 984F and 947A belts provide durability and the mineral is resin bonded to the backings for reliable performance, even under high heat and pressure.