- Excellent belt for stroke sanding on many metals including stainless steel
- Anti-friction backing helps abrasive run smooth
- X-weight cotton backing withstands aggressive sanding and grinding
- Grinding aid helps reduce heat and grinding temperatures
- Delivers exceptional finishes on a variety of metal substrates
- Ceramic aluminum oxide blend offers excellent cut rate and life for better performance
Our 3M™ Cloth Belt 747D is made with a blend of aluminum oxide and 3M™ ceramic grain and is designed for superior metal finishing on a variety of metals including nickel and stainless steel.
Use these products to generate a directional scratch to prepare stainless steel for final finishing
High Quality Construction
Our 3M™ Cloth Belt 747D features an anti-friction coating, which reduced premature wear of stationary platens that remain static while grinding. This attribute, combined with the semi-flexible X weight backing, make Cloth Belt 747D a good match for projects that require an equally durable and malleable abrasive. The grinding aid on Cloth Belt 747D is an added coating that helps the abrasive stay cool during grinding, minimizing heat and improving abrasive performance.
Blended Ceramic Grains
Cloth Belt 747D is engineered using 3M™ ceramic materials, which enhance the toughness and hardness of the grain. Ceramic blend products feature aluminum oxide blended with ceramic grain for a harder, longer-lasting abrasive. Perfect for stock removal, ceramic abrasives are engineered to fracture frequently for a super-fast cut and can handle intense heat and stress applications. Ceramic/aluminum oxide blend surpasses aluminum oxide abrasives in cut-rate and durability and makes our 3M™ Cloth Belt 747D an excellent choice for moderate stock removal and surface preparation.