- Thin .76 mm tape gives streamlined flush appearance for lightweight auto moldings and trim
- Acrylic adhesive makes for high peel and sheer adhesion
- Adheres well to traditional paint systems
- Features excellent wet-out across 7/8” width for reliable bond to wider parts
- Gray, closed-cell acrylic foam delivers strength and conformability
- Adhesion promoter recommended for tape-to-part adhesion on plastic parts
3M™ Automotive Attachment Tape 06378 is just .03” (.76 mm) thick, making it excellent for flush, streamlined application of lightweight auto trim and moldings. This 7/8”-wide OEM-approved tape incorporates a strong yet conformable closed-cell acrylic foam with high performance acrylic adhesive on both sides. This adhesive resists plasticizers and delivers high peel and shear adhesion.
Flush fit of emblems, nameplates badges and other lightweight moldings and trim
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Badges, nameplates and emblems
- Lightweight moldings and door edge trim
- Wheel lip molding
- Luggage rack slats
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Automotive Attachment Tape 06378.