- Dead soft 1-ounce (2.0-mil) aluminum foil backing for good shielding effectiveness and converting (slitting and die cutting).
- UL recognized flame-retardancy per UL 510 for applications needing this property.
- Conductive particles in the adhesive provides low contact resistance between the substrate and the backing to drain static charge.
- Acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive has good resistance to heat, oxidation, solvents and oils.
- Removable liner makes it easy to handle and die cut complex shapes.
- There are both standard and custom roll widths and lengths to meet a variety of application needs.
3M™ Aluminum Shielding Tape 1170 has a 2.0-mil smooth aluminum foil backing with a conductive acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive and liner. Aluminum is an alternative conductive backing material to copper.