- Promotes adhesion and improves bond integrity
- Exceptional performance on acrylics, polycarbonates and polyester
- Improves bond durability on medium and low surface energy surfaces
- For use with or without 3M™ Adhesion Promoter AP596
3M™ All Purpose Sealant Primer P591 is a black, one-part formulation that helps to improve adhesion of polyurethane and hybrid adhesive sealants. This versatile black primer is an Isocyanate- and solvent-based primer developed initially for acrylics, polycarbonate and polyester bonding applications. Meets FMVSS212 crash test standard.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
- Porthole bonding for marine industry — use to prime glass, acrylic or polycarbonate windows
- Windshield bonding (PDF, 308.61 Kb) for RVs, railcars, buses, trucks and trailers — use to prime glass windows
- Panel to post bonding for specialty vehicles, buses and work trailers
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.