- 2 mil nominal 220 adhesive offers good sheer strength
- Good peel adhesion to HSE (high surface energy) materials
- Two 58# PCK liners protect adhesive and peel away quickly for easy handling
- Economical solution for a variety of general bonding applications
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape Double Linered 9552 features 3M™ Industrial Acrylic Adhesive 220, which provides a good bond to HSE materials. This 2.3 mil adhesive is applied to two 4.2 mil polycoated kraft (PCK) paper liners, which protect it until it is ready to be bonded to the substrate.
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
Adhesive transfer tapes
- General industrial
- Metal bonding
- Painted metal bonding
- Applying nameplates, appliques and decorative trim to HSEs
- Graphic attachment
- Lamination to sub-surface printed polycarbonate, polyester graphic overlay materials
(PDF, 45.34 Kb) are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off. A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing, signs, posters, banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.