- Excellent for graphic and nameplate attachments
- Adhesive 200MP is the industry standard for graphic and nameplate attachment
- 2 mil acrylic adhesive performs even when exposed to humidity and hot/cold cycles
- 2 mil HDPE tight-side liner enables inspection of backlit graphics prior to final adhesion
- 58# PCK easy-side liner adds stability for storage and die-cutting
- High adhesive shear strength helps resist slippage and edge lifting on HSE plastics
- Provides some initial repositionability on plastics for precise alignment of graphics and parts
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape Double Linered 9172MP features 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP, the industry standard for graphic attachment and die-cut parts. It offers excellent shear strength, minimal edge lifting and reduced slippage on medium to high-surface energy plastics. A 2.0 mil clear HDPE liner makes for easy visual inspection, and a 58 lb. PCK liner adds dimensional stability.
Less adhesive oozing at slitting and die-cutting helps improve rapid part processing
About Our High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP
- Graphic overlays and attachment
- Laminating PC, ABS and PET
- Bonding nameplates
- Signage attachment
3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP is considered an industry standard for graphic attachment and general industrial joining applications. It features outstanding adhesion to metal, polycarbonate (PC), ABS and polyester (PET). making it a popular choice across many industries. This adhesive provides some initial repositionability for placement accuracy when bonding to plastics. It has also been tested for performance after exposure to solvents, humidity and moisture, as well heat (up to 400°F/204°C for short periods).
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
Adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off. A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing, signs, posters, banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.