- 5 mil nominal adhesive tape on heavy PCK layflat liner for kiss-cutting
- Thicker adhesives improve wet-out and adhesion on textured surfaces
- Delivers exceptional shear strength for metals and HSE plastics
- 5.7 mil PCK layflat liner virtually eliminates curling, buckling and rippling
- Excellent moisture and solvent resistance delivers reliable durability
- 200MP acrylic adhesive is considered the industry standard for graphic attachment and general industrial joining applications
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9668MP is crafted with 5.0 mil 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP and features high shear strength and long-lasting bonding resilience. Our Adhesive Transfer Tape 9668MP provides ultimate performance for many applications and is an outstanding solution, ideal for graphic attachment.
Featuring 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP — a popular choice for graphic attachment and general industrial joining
Strong Bond, Simple Application
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9668MP is designed with 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP to provide high shear strength. The thicker caliper adds wet-out capability for surfaces where adhesion may be compromised by slight textures or irregularities. Also constructed with a 5.7 mil 78 lb polycoated kraft liner, our adhesive transfer tape is easy to die-cut or kiss-cut, and provides a simple and clean application process to help improve productivity.
Featuring 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP
- Bonding graphic nameplates and overlays ("subsurface" printed polycarbonate or polyester) to metal and high surface energy plastics
- Bonding metal nameplates and rating plates
- Bonding graphic overlays for membrane switches as well as bonding the complete switch to the equipment surface
- High speed parts processing when kiss-cutting or die-cutting
- Aerospace, medical and industrial equipment, automotive, appliance and electronics markets
More than 30 years ago, 3M High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP set the standard for bonding metal and high surface energy plastics. Today, this high-performance adhesive provides even higher levels of performance, with exceptional peel and shear strength for precision bonding. It offers excellent moisture and solvent resistance which enable it to form resilient, durable bonds that conform to a wide variety of applications. Once bonded, this adhesive will provide outstanding shear strength to resist edge lifting and slippage. 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP also offers excellent short-term heat resistance and will continue to perform at temperatures up to 400°F/204°C.
Learn More about Acrylic Adhesive 200MP
(PDF, 3.69 Mb)
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
Adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off. A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing, signs, posters, banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division
, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Find More 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes
(PDF, 12.28 Mb)