- 2.0 mils (.05 mm) thick tape provides high bond to low surface energy substrates and powder coated paints
- 55 lb. densified kraft paper liner for general purpose applications
- Excellent chemical resistance and shear and peel strength even at elevated temperatures
- Designed for short term temperature exposure up to 450°F (232°C) and long term 300°F (149°C)
- Adhesive is fiber reinforced for roll stability in narrow widths and to resist oozing
- Low odor for improved working environment
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9442 leverages the power of 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 350 and is mounted on a white, 55 lb. densified kraft paper liner for general purpose applications. This transfer tape is an excellent solution for bonding high and low surface energy materials.
High Temperature Adhesion
- Bonding high and low surface energy materials and powder coated paints
- Bonding foams to low surface energy materials (LSE) while offering elevated temperature performance
3M™Adhesive 350 is a high-tack, high performance acrylic adhesive system featuring high initial adhesion to metals and high surface energy plastics. It offers excellent humidity, water, solvent, chemical and short term heat resistance. The adhesive is designed to provide exceptional shear strength, even at elevated temperatures. Shear strength is a measure of resistance to a sliding force along a plane that is parallel to the direction of the force. Adhesive 350 is formulated for temperate exposure up to 450°F/232°C for short periods of time and up to 300°F/149°C for extended time frames.
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
In general, 3M adhesive transfer tapes
(PDF, 23 Kb) are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. The tape consists of adhesive only, and does not have any type of backing material. For application the tape is positioned adhesive side down to a surface and the liner is removed, exposing the backside of the adhesive to receive the secondary substrate.