- Excellent adhesion to traditional and advanced paint systems
- Features two adhesives – one on each side of the tape for effective bonding
- Conformable, closed cell acrylic foam core delivers stress relaxation when high application loads are encountered
- Liner side adhesive is designed for traditional, LSE, and scratch- and mar-resistant paint systems
- Non-liner side adhesive bonds to a range of automotive paints and substrates
- Black foam tape provides good bond-line appearance
- Excellent resistance to impact in cold weather
3M™ Acrylic Plus Tape EX4008, Black, 0.76 mm is a pressure sensitive double-coated acrylic foam tape with a polyethylene liner and silicone coating on both sides. It is designed for robust performance on difficult automotive paint surfaces. The viscoelastic foam core provides stress relaxation when exposed to high application loads and maintains tight bond-line aesthetics under normal conditions.
Provides robust adhesion to a wide variety of paint systems
Confidence in Your Purchase
The 3M branded liner
(PDF, 147.53 Kb) features a subtle 3M logo marking to provide evidence to the customer that they are receiving the 3M quality they expect from their purchase. The liner makes our tapes easy to identify and difficult to imitate. Proprietary branding technology is designed to help with identification of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Attaching roof ditch moldings
- Attaching body side moldings
- Attaching appliques
- Attaching wheel flares
Since 1925 when a 3M lab assistant invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations — and all of it goes into each 3M product developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Plus Tape EX4008.
See more about 3M™ Acrylic Plus Tape Series EX4000
(PDF, 1.27 Mb)