- A high performance tape for bonding to LSE and MSE substrates and paints without primer
- Reduces or eliminates labor and equipment expenses related to primer
- Features the same adhesive on both sides for robust initial tack and very high final tack
- Dark gray acrylic foam core provides excellent wet-out and conformability
- Liner is silicone-coated on both sides enables easy release
- T-liner is suitable for heat-bond and other PSA tabbing
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape PX5015T is designed for attaching large exterior automotive trim parts without the time or expense of adhesion promoters. The 1.5 mm double-coated tape features the same adhesive on both sides of the tape for primerless application to LSE and MSE substrates and paints. Acrylic foam core is designed for robust performance even to complex contours and paint surfaces.
Bonds to LSE and MSE substrates and paints without primer
For Exterior Attachment of Large Automotive Parts
Tested for excellent peel adhesion on TPO and other low surface energy substrates, our 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape PX5015T
(PDF, 193.3 Kb) is designed for attaching large automotive exterior trim part, such as door treads, wheel arch extensions or spoilers, without the added time and expense of primers or adhesion promoters. It features an extended polyethylene liner and a durable acrylic foam core with the same adhesive applied to both sides. The featured adhesive is formulated specifically for high adhesion to low surface energy (LSE) and medium surface energy (MSE) surfaces. The viscoelastic foam core conforms well even to complex geometries. It is engineered for stress relaxation when exposed to high stress loads, and maintains bond-line aesthetics under normal stress loads. The inconspicuous dark gray color of 3M tape PX5015T helps to ensure high satisfaction among consumers. The red, 3M branded liner
(PDF, 147.53 Kb) is silicone-coated on both sides to provide easy one-piece release and efficient tape application.
Confidence in Your Purchase
The 3M branded liner features a subtle 3M logo-marking to provide evidence to the customer that they are receiving the 3M quality they expect from their purchase. The liner makes our tapes easy to identify and difficult to imitate. Proprietary branding technology is designed to help identification of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tapes.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Attaching large automotive trim components
- Attaching auto spoilers, door treads and wheel arch extensions
- Claddings, body side moldings, rocker panels, running boards, wheel flares
- ABS parts and surfaces such as nameplates
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations - and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape PX5015T.