- An ideal tape for attaching elastomeric parts such as weatherstrip in automotive applications
- Features heat-activated adhesive that bonds to EPDM/TPE materials
- Forms immediate, durable bond without adhesion promoters
- Viscoelastic 1.2 mm acrylic foam core provides excellent wet-out for maintaining seal integrity
- Liner side pressure-sensitive adhesive is formulated for scratch-resistant paint systems
- Gray acrylic foam core provides good bond-line appearance
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5404 features a heat-activated adhesive on a 1.2 mm viscoelastic acrylic foam core. This adhesive provides an immediate, durable bond to EPDM/TPE and many Santoprene® TPV materials. The liner side adhesive is designed for high adhesion to LSE and scratch-resistant paint systems. The conformable foam core provides excellent wet-out for seals and other elastomeric parts.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Weatherstrip seals
- Gasket seals
- EPDM and PP materials
- Santoprene® TPV (with appropriate testing and verification)
- Santoprene is a trademark of Exxon Mobil Corporation.
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations — and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5404.