- Conformable 2.29 mm acrylic foam core provides excellent wet-out to surface contours
- Acrylic adhesive makes for high peel and sheer adhesion
- Bonds to a variety of automotive substrates
- Provides high final adhesion and peel strength
- Viscoelastic foam core delivers excellent stress relaxation under load
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5390 features a thick, conformable 2.29 mm acrylic foam core designed for stress relaxation, ideal for applications that require a thick foam. The adhesive applied to both sides is formulated for bonding to rigid high-solids clear coat systems. The core adapts well to complex geometries and delivers excellent wet-out for a consistent and durable bond even to heavier parts.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Wide body side moldings
- Bug deflectors
- Door edge moldings
- Rocker panel moldings
- Roof ditch moldings
- Tailgate appliques
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life —developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations - and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5390.