- Strong abrasion resistant backing provides strength for bundling, harnessing and protection applications requiring high tensile strength
- Silicone adhesive provides good holding power and clean removal across a wide range of temperatures
- Withstands temperatures from -65°F/-54°C to 450°F/232°C and intermittent temperatures up to 550°F/288°C or higher, depending on the type and duration of the heat source
- Can be certified to meet F.A.R. 25.853, flame resistant specification
- Used for permanent sealing of high temperature ducts or chambers
Constructed with a woven fiberglass backing, 3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 361 features a pressure sensitive silicone adhesive for applications requiring high-temperature resistance, high adhesion and clean removal. It is often used for high temperature applications such as sealing ducts and as a back-up strip for submerged arc welding.
High Temperature Performance
Used in a variety of industries, 3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 361
(PDF, 49 Kb) is a strong and durable, fiberglass backed tape designed to perform at high temperatures. This tape is used in a variety of aerospace, automotive, military, roofing, specialty vehicle and ship building industries for seaming and sealing panels, high temperature masking, bundling, holding and harness wrapping. It is able to withstand temperatures ranging from -65° F/-54° C to 450°F/232°C, and intermittent temperatures up to 550°F/288°C or higher, depending on the type and duration of the heat source. It can be certified to meet F.A.R. 25.853, flame resistant specifications.
- Permanent sealing of high temperature ducts or chambers
- Applications requiring heat treatment followed by clean removal of the tape with little or no stain
- Protect surfaces against abrasion
- High temperature masking
- Bundling, holding and wire harnessing