- Thin, high-strength polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion
- Transparent backing allows visibility of information protected by the tape
- Resistant to many solvents including jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding
- Meets several U.S. government and aerospace specifications
- Meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii)
Comprised of a strong polyester backing and coated with an aggressive acrylic adhesive, 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a solvent resistant tape that is ideal for applications where exposure to chemicals is a concern. This tape meets demanding applications in a variety of industries.
Ideal for applications where solvent exposure is a concern
Resistant to Fuels, Solvents and Chemicals
Our 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853
(PDF, 20.95 Mb) is a transparent polyester film tape with solvent resistant acrylic adhesive. It is designed to withstand the rigors of processes where exposure to solvents is a concern. This includes many applications for which this tape is ideally suited because of it is thin but durable design. The backing has a low moisture vapor transmission rate, making it ideal for extended use. When used in critical label protection, this tape won't obscure vital information. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C. 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 can be qualified to meet Federal Spec. L-T-100 Type 1. It also meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii).
- Critical label protection requiring resistance from jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
- Aerospace applications that require FAR flammability rating
- Sealing critical area from moisture intrusion