- Creates strong bond on low surface energy (LSE) plastics such as polyolefin with minimal or no surface prep required
- Non-sag formulation ensures adhesive stays where applied
- Resists many chemicals, water, humidity and corrosion
- Formulated to bond multi-material assemblies such as LSE plastics, thermoplastics, composites and metals
- Medium viscosity allows controlled dispensing
- 10 minute work life with 60 minute handling strength
- Strong adhesive can replace screws, rivets and welding
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive DP8010NS is a non-sag, two-part acrylic adhesive specially formulated to bond many low surface energy plastics, including many grades of polypropylene, polyethylene, and thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) without special surface preparation.
Available in a range of sizes to meet application requirements
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment
for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
Creates a Strong Bond on Low Surface Energy Plastics
Structural bonds can be achieved without special surface treatments such as chemical etching, plasma, flame, or corona treatment or priming. Simply wipe the surfaces with isopropanol to remove mold release agents, dust dirt, etc. 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive DP8010NS bonds metals, ceramics, and wood and most other plastics. The non-sag formula creates rigid adhesion. We also formulate this adhesive with 8mil spacer beads for bond line spacing.
- Joining plastics to metals, such as in the manufacture or repair of appliances
- Bonding low surface energy plastics without priming
- Impact resistance composite bonding
- Manufacture or repair of various sporting goods equipment
- Low surface energy plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene and thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs)
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld
™ Acrylic Adhesive DP8010NS starts with medium viscosity for controlled dispensing and spreads to sufficiently wet out the surface. The mix ratio is 10:1 and provides a 10 minute work life. The adhesive reaches handling strength in approximately 1 hour and is fully cured in 8-24 hours (at 72° F/22° C).
Easy Adhesion with Acrylic
are two-part adhesives that provide excellent bond strength and durability. Often referred to as epoxy adhesives or epoxy glue, acrylics actually belong to a separate chemical family with their own unique characteristics. This very unique adhesive bonds LSE plastics without priming or other surface treatments.
Stress Strain curve and material properties for 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive DP8010NS