- Incorporates multiple fiber technologies to deliver optimized performance and value
- Proven high temperature durability and wide temperature range performance
- Offers similar performance with reduced costs compared to a polycrystalline product
- Fiber resiliency provides holding force throughout a wide range of operating temperatures
- Industry leading engine durability testing and technical knowledge
Our 3M™ Interam™ Mat Mount 1801 is for use in smaller gap gasoline and diesel system applications. 3M Interam Mat Mount 1801 is a non-expanding mat mount that incorporates multiple fiber technologies to deliver optimized performance and value.
- Catalytic converter mat mounting for city duty cycles, underbody converter and diesel applications
- Gasoline system mat mounting for standard wall to ultra-thin-wall monoliths and close-coupled to underbody applications
- Ambient to high temperature systems
3M ™ Interam ® Mat Mount 1801 is a fully non-intumescent engineered solution that incorporates multiple fiber technologies to deliver optimized performance and value
Mats that Meet Expectations
A mat is used to compensate for the differences in expansion between ceramic monolith and metal can (i.e. an increasing gap with increasing temperatures). This 3M™ Interam™ Mat Mount 1801 is made of a non-intumescent material, which means it does not expand with heat like many of the others in the mat mount family. Non-intumescent mat mounts maintain holding pressure through the resiliency of the fiber.
The family of 3M™ Interam™ Brand Products is a comprehensive product portfolio encompassing solutions for all ranges of temperature and application needs.
The family of 3M™ Interam™ Brand Products is a comprehensive product portfolio encompassing solutions for all ranges of temperature and application needs encountered in a catalytic converter. The product offerings range from mat mounts to molded endcone insulation to an agent designed to reduce erosion. In addition to products, we offer testing resources, concept consultation, in-depth design expertise and technical support throughout all phases of design and validation.
high-tech solutions for mounting ceramic substrates that are used in emission control devices. 3M™ Interam™ Mat Mounts can be designed to handle temperatures up to 1,000°C, compensate for the extreme differences in the expansion of metal and ceramics, and protect the substrates from shocks and vibrations when the catalytic converter is in use.
We create cost-effective, high-performance catalyst mounting and exhaust insulation systems by using the best materials available worldwide. We leverage 40 years of mat-making and material science expertise to create these solutions. Finished mats incorporate carefully selected fibers and other components that are chosen to tailor the mat to the requirements of the specific application.