- Designed for attaching weatherstrip and gasket seals in automotive applications
- Recommended where taping surface is smooth and a thin tape is necessary
- Features heat-activated non-liner-side adhesive for primerless bonding to EPDM/TPE materials
- Forms immediate, durable bond without adhesion promoters
- Liner-side pressure-sensitive adhesive is formulated for high-solids clear coat paint systems
- Conformable closed cell acrylic foam core provides excellent wet-out to maintain seal integrity
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5403 features a heat-activated adhesive on an 0.8 mm viscoelastic acrylic foam core. The adhesive creates an immediate, durable bond to EPDM/TPE and many Santoprene® TPV materials. Liner-side adhesive is designed specifically for bonding to high-solids clear coat systems. The conformable foam core provides excellent wet-out for automotive weatherstripping and gasket seals.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Weatherstripping seals
- Gasket seals
- Smooth automotive surfaces
- Thin tape applications
- EPDM and PP materials
- Santoprene® TPV (with appropriate testing and verification)
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations - and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5403.
Santoprene® is a trademark of Exxon Mobil Corporation.