- An ideal tape for attaching elastomeric parts such as weatherstrip or seals in automotive applications
- Features heat-activated adhesive that bonds to EPDM/TPE materials
- Forms immediate, durable bond without adhesion promoters
- Viscoelastic acrylic foam core provides excellent wet-out for maintaining seal integrity
- Liner side pressure-sensitive adhesive is formulated for scratch-resistant paint systems
- Gray acrylic foam core provides good bond-line appearance
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5402H features a heat-activated adhesive on a 1.1 mm viscoelastic acrylic foam core. This adhesive provides an immediate, durable bond to EPDM/TPE and many Santoprene® TPV materials. The liner side adhesive is designed for high adhesion to LSE and scratch-resistant paint systems. The conformable foam core provides excellent wet-out for seals and other elastomeric parts.
Features a heat-activated adhesive on a 1.1 mm viscoelastic acrylic foam core
For Durable Attachment of Elastomeric Parts to Modern Paint Systems
Developed specifically for attaching seals and other elastomeric parts in automotive applications, 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5402H features a heat-activated adhesive formulated for an immediate, consistent and durable bond to EPDM/TPE materials. This adhesive delivers high initial tack, rapid build and excellent final adhesion without the use of an adhesion promoter, and resists temperatures up to 194°F (90°C). The adhesive is applied to the non-liner side of a 1.1 mm viscoelastic acrylic foam core, which provides excellent conformability and wet-out that helps maintain seal integrity. The liner side of the core features our pressure-sensitive adhesive that delivers high initial and final adhesion to a range of rigid clear coats, powder coats and other mar- and scratch-optimized auto paint systems. The inconspicuous gray color of this OEM-approved tape helps create sharp bond-lines. The orange polyethylene foil liner is silicone-coated on one side, suitable for heat-bond tabbing.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Weatherstrip seals
- Gasket seals
- EPDM and PP materials
- Santoprene® TPV (with appropriate testing and verification)
- Santoprene is a trademark of Exxon Mobil Corporation.
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations — and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5402H.