- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent blue backing provides easy identification and positioning
Thin and conformable, our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991 is a general purpose tape that excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8991 is available in a variety of sizes
Meets the Demands that Come with High-Temperature Applications
We engineered 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991 as a pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive that grabs on contact and offers high heat resistance, reducing failure due to softening, oozing and adhesive transfer. This high-temperature tape is also designed with a thin polyester backing that resists shrinking, curling, tearing and edge lifting, offering reliable masking and consistent results. With a 1.0 mil polyester backing and 1.4 mil silicone adhesive, this tape features sharp, clean paint lines and provides excellent thermal, abrasion and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility. In addition, 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991 removes without leaving behind adhesive residue, for a clean finish. Our Polyester Tape 8991 performs up to 400°F/204°C and adheres well to tough-to-stick-to surfaces like silicone liners and fixtures coated with mold release.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8991
(PDF, 170.7 Kb) can be used in many applications, including:
Ready for High Temp Challenges
- Masking in e-coating, electroplating and anodizing
- Masking for powdercoat painting
- Flashbreaker tape when pulling through cured coating such as epoxies
- Holding material, securing parts and sealing of vacuum bags during autoclave processes
- Splicing, tabbing and roll closing difficult-to-stick surfaces such as silicone treated liners
When you need a strong tape that will deliver reliable masking and sharp, clean paint lines in high-temperatures, our Polyester Tape 8991 is an exceptional choice. For optimal results for many applications, 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991 provides the strength, durability and clean finish you've come to expect from 3M tapes.