Tegaderm CHG I.V. securement dressings provide antimicrobial protection, site visibility, catheter securement, and moisture management all in a single product to help meet your goals for patient safety, clinician confidence, and cost of care.
Patients receiving intravenous medication are less likely to contract a bloodstream infection if the insertion site is covered by a Tegaderm CHG I.V. securement dressing as recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)1
The transparent chlorhexidine gel pad sits over the catheter insertion site giving antimicrobial protection while maintaining visibility of the site. Tegaderm CHG I.V. securement dressings are proven to reduce catheter related blood-stream infections (CRBSIs) in patients with central venous and arterial catheters by 60%2
- CHG antimicrobial protection
- Secure adhesion
- Gentle removal
- Site visibility
- Bacterial and viral barrier*
- Easy application
- Patient comfort and mobility
*In vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage
1. The 3M Tegaderm CHG Chlorhexadine Gluconate I.V. Securement Dressing for central venous and arterial catheter insertion sites (2015) NICE medical technologies guidance MTG25
2. Timsit JF, et al. Randomized Controlled Trial of Chlorhexadine Dressing and Highly Adhesive Dressing for Preventing Catheter-Related Infections in Critically Ill Adults. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2012; 186 (12): 1272-1278.