- To be included in kits and packs by professional kit packing companies.
- Waterproof, sterile barrier: protects the I.V. site or wound from external contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, blood and body fluids – in vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage
- Picture-frame delivery makes placement accurate and easy, minimising potential to stick to gloves or to itself
- Transparent dressing allows for continuous visibility to the I.V. insertion site or wound
- Unique shapes and designs for both I.V. and wound needs
- may be worn up to 7 days
- Radiologically transparent. Tegaderm products
can be safely left on patient’s skin during
radiotherapy treatments. Dressing does not act as
bolus material, with or without 3M™ Cavilon™ No
Sting Barrier Film (CNSBF).
- Can be used to maintain a moist wound environment
to facilitate autolytic debridement
- Helps to prevent skin breakdown caused by
3M™ Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressing Frame Style is a sterile, vapour permeable transparent film dressing.
3M™ Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressings can be used to cover and protect catheter sites and wounds, to maintain a moist environment for wound healing, and to secure devices to the skin.
- Catheter sites and wounds
- Primarily closed clean surgical wounds
- Skin graft donor sites
- First and second degree burns
- Minor abrasion and superficial decubitus ulcer
- To facilitate autolytic debridement through a moist wound healing environment
- May be used as a protective eye covering, e.g. to
keep eyes closed during surgery, for patients with
a corneal abrasion. Helps maintain eye moisture.