- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
- Pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
- Virtually invisible fastening keeps surfaces smooth
- White, 3 mm, general purpose adhesive on both sides of firm type foam bonds to many high surface energy substrates.
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welding, screws) or liquid adhesives: Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- High dynamic stress absorption reduces vibration and impact stress
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials
3M™ VHB™ Tape 4959 is a firm, white, 3.0mm thick, double-sided, pressure-sensitive, closed-cell acrylic foam tape that bonds high surface energy substrates.
Bond high surface energy substrates with 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4959, a firm, double sided, pressure sensitive, closed cell acrylic foam tape that bonds high surface energy substrates and has a clean appearance. Our tape provides handling convenience, cushioning, damping, and excellent impact resistance.
It can typically be used on metal and glass, and delivers solvent, ultraviolet (UV) and temperature resistance, with a long term holding power suitable for many interior and exterior applications.