3M™ Superabrasive Wheels
Superabrasive Wheels are composed of a diamond or CBN* abrasive bonded to a wheel shaped core. Common applications include CNC** tool grinding, centerless grinding, O.D./I.D. grinding, insert grinding and surface grinding of hard-to-grind materials. Available in a wide variety of bonds, wheel shapes and sizes, and grit sizes.
- Brazed - a single layer of abrasive chemically attached to a steel core
- Metal Bond - have the hardest matrix; retain shape and size during extreme grinding (coolant required).
- Polyimide - high cut rates; use in wet grinding applications with high volume flood coolant systems.
- Resin bond - designed for fast and cool cutting; performs well in both wet and dry grinding applications.
- Vitrified - feature a ceramic bond with the better characteristics of both resin and metal bonds.
*Cubic boron nitride (CBN) is the second hardest known material, surpassed only by diamonds.
**Computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine tools.