Greetings from 3M Monrovia
3M is a global innovation company that never stops inventing. Over the years, we have worked to improve daily life for hundreds of millions of people all over the world. We have made driving at night easier, made buildings safer, and made consumer electronics lighter, less energy-intensive and less harmful to the environment. We even helped put a man on the moon.
Every day at 3M, one idea always leads to the next, igniting momentum to make progress possible around the world.
3M Monrovia, California
- To provide solutions to the orthodontic profession by offering the highest quality products and services in the industry.
- To develop and maintain the best customer relationships in the orthodontic industry.
This vision requires us to provide our customers with superior service and the most innovative, highest quality products and services. Our industry leadership is defined by the customer perception and market position gained by our realization of this vision.
- Satisfy our customers with superior quality, value, and service.
- Provide investors with an attractive return through sustained, quality growth.
- Respect our social and physical environment.
- Be a company employees are proud to be a part of.
3M Monrovia Facts
- Manufacturing approximately 14,000 products and distributing center in Monrovia, California
- Approximately 50,000 active customers in partnership with 3M Dental Products
History of 3M Monrovia
3M Monrovia was founded in 1948 with the introduction of the first stainless steel bracket that was manufactured by a handful of orthodontics from a garage in Pasadena. Unitek was named after the “Universal Bracket Technique.” The company has been acquired twice: by Bristol-Meyers in 1978 and by 3M in 1987.
When 3M acquired Unitek Orthodontics in 1987, Unitek was a leader in the orthodontic supplies market. Since that time, it has functioned as a wholly owned subsidiary marketing directly to orthodontists. 3M Monrovia has advanced the state-of-the-art in a variety of segments including ceramic esthetic brackets, shape-memory alloy-based arch wires, and a unique, patented adhesive that is pre-applied to the base of the brackets. Milestones of product development include:
- 1950 – Seamless Bands
- 1967 – AlastiK™ Ligatures
- 1977 – Nitinol Wire
- 1981 – Dyna-Lock™ Brackets
- 1983 – Traction Release™ Headgear
- 1985 – Uni-Twin™ Brackets
- 1987 – Transcend™ Brackets
- 1988 – Transbond™ Adhesive
- 1991 – APC™ Adhesive System
- 1995 – Victory Series™ Brackets
- 1996 – Clarity™ Ceramic Brackets
- 1997 – MBT™ Appliance System
- 1999 – Transbond™ MIP Primer
- 2000 – Transbond™ Plus Adhesive
- 2001 – APC™ II Adhesive System
- 2002 – Victory Series™ Low Profile Brackets
- 2003 – Ortholux™ LED Curing Light
- 2004 – APC™ PLUS Adhesive Coated Appliance System
- 2004 – SmartClip™ Self-Ligating Appliance System
- 2007 – Clarity™ SL Appliance System
- 2007 – 3M acquired Abzil and LingualCare
3M is a pioneer in developing and applying technologies in new and groundbreaking ways. At 3M Monrovia, we utilize the following technologies:
- FEA /CAD/CAD technology
- Precision CNC machining technology
- Laser precision cutting technology
- Laser micro welding technology
- Metal Injection Molding (MIM) Technology
- Ceramics processing technology
- Brazing processing technology
- Small parts handling and Assembly Technology
- Digital impression scanning
Check out the latest 3M Monrovia featured products:
- Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Appliance System: Passive self-ligating performance and aesthetics merge for a uniquely rewarding treatment experience.
- Transbond™ PLUS Color Change Adhesive: A moisture tolerant, fluoride releasing, light cure adhesive available in syringes and capsules.
- SmartClip™ Self-Ligating Appliance System: Self-ligating performance for metal braces utilizing a unique clip system allowing for easy insertion and retention of the archwires throughout treatment.
- Forsus™ Fatigue Resistant Device EZ Module: The easy-to-install, "click-in-place" clip of the Forsus EZ Module is the latest innovation in the development of Class II Correctors.
- Victory Series™ Funneled Buccal Tubes: Designed to receive the archwire on the first try and reduce occlusal interference.
Welcome to Monrovia, California!
Part of the San Gabriel Valley, Monrovia is located eight miles east of the City of Pasadena, and 20 miles northeast of Los Angeles at the base of the Sierra Madre Mountains.
Life in Monrovia has much to offer whether you're in town on business, as a visitor, or making your home here. Monrovia's business, industrial, and retail sectors support a strong economy for those who live and work in the community.
Monrovia's small-town atmosphere is one of the city's most appealing features, according to an independent survey conducted at the City Council's request. This is a small town, however, with the best of the big city, featuring wide ranges of employment opportunities, shopping facilities, cultural events, and human services. Improving the quality of life is an important goal and one to which many cities aspire. Monrovia has been fortunate in its 110 year history to grow into a community that offers such an appealing lifestyle.
Once part of Azusa de Duarte and Santa Anita ranchos, Monrovia was founded in 1886 when William N. Monroe, J.D. Bicknell, J.F. Crank, and E.F. Spence agreed to establish a town on their holdings. It was named for Monroe, a former Midwest railroad builder, teacher, and Army officer during the Civil War.
Historic Old Town Monrovia is the heart and soul of the city with its quaint and charming historic landmarks. Most of the businesses in Old Town Monrovia are single proprietors or family owned and run who pride themselves in offering fine customer service and personal attention. There is an amazing variety of merchandise, restaurants, and services. The tree-lined streets are inviting to those who enjoy a nice stroll, shopping, dining, or taking advantage of the many services.
Before Monrovia evolved into a growing city with a population of more than 40,000, it was a stagecoach stop in the late 1800s and was incorporated into a city in 1887. Each year, Monrovia's anniversary is celebrated with the Monrovia Days Parade on Myrtle Avenue, adding to the old town atmosphere. The National Civic League honored the city of Monrovia with the prestigious award of "All-American City".
3M Monrovia actively supports educational, health, social services, and other programs through partnerships, contributions, and employee volunteerism in Monrovia and its surrounding communities.
With our strongly supported and focused 2007 United Way Campaign, 3M Monrovia was presented with the “3M United Way Site Leadership Award.” This prestigious award was only one of two top United Way awards given by 3M nationally. We were selected from an inspiring group of finalists by a panel of judges from outside 3M Company.
The following are some of the community agencies supported by 3M Monrovia:
- The United Way of Greater Los Angeles
- Olive Crest Homes and Services for Abused Children
- City of Hope Cancer Center
- Boys & Girls Club of the Foothills
- Make-a-Wish Foundation, Los Angeles
- Foothill Unity Center
- Monrovia Chamber of Commerce
- Monrovia Senior Center
- Monrovia Parks & Recreation
- Monrovia Public Library
- Volunteer Center of Monrovia
- Monrovia Firefighters Association
- Monrovia Police Officers Association
- Arcadia Public Library