Greetings from 3M Irvine
3M is a global innovation company that never stops inventing. Over the years, we have worked to improve daily life for hundreds of millions of people all over the world. We have made driving at night easier, made buildings safer, and made consumer electronics lighter, less energy-intensive and less harmful to the environment. We even helped put a man on the moon.
Every day at 3M, one idea always leads to the next, igniting momentum to make progress possible around the world.
3M Irvine, California
Greetings from Irvine, California!
We are 3M Irvine, a world-class manufacturer of 3M Oral Care dental products used by dental professionals for the preservation and restoration of people's smiles. Our diverse and energetic workforce manufactures and ships over 1,300 products, including composites, adhesives, and abrasives to over 100 countries worldwide. We continue to be a global market leader, focused on growth, with an innovative product approach.
Our plant and our business are divided into two focus factories: 1) Crown and Bridge, and 2) Restoratives. The successful integration of manufacturing and production reporting systems has aided us in process improvements. And, with Lean Six Sigma, we are formulating and implementing many good ideas into our manufacturing processes as we strive for on-time delivery, low inventory costs, and reduced cycle times.
3M Irvine Plant Manager
- To be the global leader in product ingenuity and services which earn dental professionals' highest respect and loyalty.
Our Core Values
- Innovation: Drive to always improve our products, services, and processes on behalf of our customers.
- Relationships: Value personal and professional relationships with colleagues and customers through respect, quality, and trust.
- Integrity: Establish and uphold one's personal and professional core values of ethics, trustworthiness, and honesty.
- Leadership: Be in front and ignite the passion and inspiration in others to do their best.
- Reliability: Unite business excellence with steadfast quality to continue earning our customers’ trust and loyalty.
- Dialogue: Advocate openness to foster both employee and company growth.
- Results: Be a financially responsible organization that provides attractive returns for the corporation.
History of 3M Irvine
3M Irvine has occupied its current building location since 1974. The 113,500 sq. ft. building located on a nine-acre parcel of land. The interior consists of 16,000 sq. ft. of administrative offices, 56,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing, and 41,500 sq. ft. of warehouse and distribution center space. Our manufacturing facility is in an industrial development area within easy reach of three major freeways in the Orange County area.
3M Irvine Historical and Quality Journey
1992 - ISO-9001 Certification
1993 - EN-46002 Certification to European Health Care Dir
1994 - California “Gold Level” Quality Award
1996 - ISO-14001 Certification
1997 - Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Winner
1997 - Cal/OSHA VPP “Star” Certification
2001 - Combination of 3M and ESPE
2002 - 9th Annual Edmund G. “Pat” Brown Award
2002 - 3M Chairman's “Leadership Award”
2002 - ISO 13485 Medical Device Certification
2003 - State of California “Flex Your Power” Energy Efficiency Award
2004 - 3M Chairman's “Leadership Award”
2004 - Corporate Supply Chain Diamond Achievement Award
2004 - Corporate-Level National Environmental Performance Track Outreach Award (First ever)
2005 - Orange County Red Cross “Excellence in Disaster Readiness” Award
2007 - 3M Golden Step Award
2015 - Environmental Leadership Award
2016 - CEO Safety and Health Award
3M is a pioneer in developing and applying technologies in new and groundbreaking ways. 3M Irvine technology platforms include:
- Adhesives (Ad)
- Advanced Materials (Am)
- Dental and Orthodontic Materials (Do)
- Flexible Converting and Packaging (Fc)
- Inspection / Measurement (Im)
- Nanotechnology (Na)
- Particle and Dispersion Processing (Pd)
- Precision Processing (Pp)
- Process Design and Control (Pr)
- Filtek Restoratives
- Silorane™ Restoratives
- Scotchbond Adhesives
- Adper Adhesives
- RelyX Cements
- Ketac Cements
- Sof-Lex Systems
- 3M ESPE Iso-Form Crowns
- 3M ESPE Protemp Crowns
- Express Impression Materials
- Imprint Impression Materials
Irvine, California is a great place to live and work; located in the heart of Orange County, we are just minutes from the ocean and a short drive from the mountains and desert. We are forty miles south of Los Angeles, eighty miles north of San Diego, and six miles inland from the Pacific Ocean.
The beautiful city of Irvine is the largest-area city in Orange County and has been rated one of the best places to live due to our desirable climate, recreation, education, health care, cost of living, transportation, the arts, employment, and low crime rates. Irvine has been identified as the third safest large city in the nation, with a population approaching 150,000.
One of the nation's most prestigious academic institutions, the University of California, Irvine, calls our city its home. Dozens of corporate headquarters and Fortune 500 companies are housed in Irvine, with more than 165,000 people working in the city.
In the off time, Irvine residents can indulge in one of over 55 parks for hiking, biking, picnicking, and more. Other entertainment opportunities are abound in Irvine. The city is home to The Entertainment Center at Irvine Spectrum, the Irvine Meadows Amphitheater, The Orange County Performing Arts Center, and the Irvine Barclay Theatre.
3M Irvine is very active with community involvement programs, and we have a positive impact on our local community. Through our California Community Relations Council, the 3M Irvine plant has supported these programs:
- Junior Achievement of Southern California - We have partnered annually with Junior Achievement to provide a “3M Day” in the Classroom for an elementary school in the area. Approximately forty 3M Irvine associates spend a day in the classroom teaching the free enterprise system and the value of staying in school.
- The Discovery Science Center - A non-profit organization dedicated to educating young minds, assisting teachers, and increasing public understanding of science, math, and technology through interactive exhibits and programs. Our associates and their families have had the opportunity to participate in 3M Family Days at The Discovery Science Center.
- Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County - A non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the oral health of children in Orange County through collaborations directed at prevention, education, treatment, and advocacy.
- The American Red Cross - Wildfire Relief efforts in California.
- Olive Crest - An organization dedicated to preventing child abuse, to treating and educating at-risk children, and to preserving the family.
- Our plant has a year-round United Way Campaign with a variety of fundraising events.