- Self-contained anaerobic environment enabled by oxygen-scavenging technology and oxygen-barrier films. No gas packs, chambers, or CO₂ incubators needed.
- Results in 48 hours of incubation time.
- Ready-to-use plates eliminates the need for labor intensive media preparation, special diluents and sample pH adjustment.
- All-in-one method for differentiation of gas-producing colonies without Durham tubes or extra steps.
- Proven reliability versus MRS and APT agar methods. Can be used to test a broad range of foods and environmental samples.
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Plates use 75% less energy, use 79% less water, produce 75% less greenhouse gases and result in 66% less waste (by weight and volume) compared to competitive agar methods.
- Companies worldwide trust 3M Petrifilm Plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results.
The 3M™ Petrifilm™ Lactic Acid Bacteria Count Plate is a time-saving, sample-ready plate designed to determine total lactic acid bacteria populations in food and environmental samples.
- 1. Inoculate with 1 mL of sample. Simply lift the top film, add the sample, and roll the top film down.
- 2. Incubate at the appropriate temperature (28°C to 37°C). The space saving design minimizes incubator space requirements.
- 3. Count the red colonies after 48 hours. The 3M Petrifilm Lactic Acid Bacteria Count Plate is able to differentiate between homofermentative (non gas-producing) and heterofermentative (gas-producing) colonies.
In today’s environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M Petrifilm Plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer-review publications. For more than 30 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M Petrifilm Plates. That’s because 3M Petrifilm Plates have streamlined, standardized and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.