- An approved component of the 3M™ Dirt Trap Protection System
- Conveniently dispenses 3M™ Dirt Trap Protection Material
- High-strength magnets secure unit on vertical metal surfaces
- Magnets allow moving dispenser to new locations
- Durable metal construction for use in automotive paint shops
3M™ Dirt Trap Magnetic Material Dispenser conveniently stores and dispenses 3M™ Dirt Trap Protection Material. Our dispenser comes with high-strength magnets that secure the unit on vertical metal surfaces while the dirt trap material is dispensed and applied. Use this accessory with rolls of 3M™ Dirt Trap Protection Material to protect paint booth walls and floors.
Reduce cleanup time and surface damage
3M™ Dirt Trap Magnetic Protection Material Dispenser makes it easy to unroll just the right length of 3M™ Dirt Trap Protection Material (sold separately), a white non-woven surface protection material with adhesive backing. Our dispenser is made from metal for durability and comes with high strength magnets that secure it on vertical metal surfaces. Simply place the dispenser where desired and unroll the material. The magnets allow relocating the dispenser to another site if desired.
3M™ Dirt Trap Protection Material
(PDF, 1.7 Mb) is specially engineered to protect paint booth walls and floors, trap dust and overspray, and brighten work areas. The material can also be used to help protect other surfaces such as table tops, paint scales, paint mixing room walls and floors, prep bay areas and more. 3M's proprietary adhesive-backed, non-woven material features a breakthrough innovation that actually traps dust, dirt and overspray, thus reducing debris in paint finishes by decreasing airborne particles in the paint booth or prep station. The white color aids in achieving more professional results, by brightening the room, allowing for better visibility helpful for color matching and verifying coverage during the application of paint products.
3M™ Dirt Trap's adhesive backing provides cling to vertical surfaces, eliminating the need to fasten it with tape or other attachment methods. The low tack adhesive is specially formulated to release when pulled by hand, allowing easy removal of material coated with paint overspray, dust or dirt. What's revealed underneath is a clear and clean wall or floor.
Promote worker safety with chemical-free cleaning
Directions for installing 3M™ Dirt Trap Protection Material on walls
Directions for installing 3M™ Dirt Trap Protection Material on floors
- Install the first section closest to the floor
- Attach the dispenser to the adjacent wall
- Pull the fabric out the length of the booth
- Use the squeegee to attach the far end of the material at the corner
- Work your way back to the dispenser aligning the material and attach to the wall
- Cut the material at the dispenser
- Squeegee the entire wall section to make sure it is attached completely
- Re-mount the dispenser at the level of the second section
- Overlap the first section (1" or less)
- Use the same method to finish installing 3 wall sections
- After the third section is installed, cut out around the windows and light
- Important Material should be replaced prior to 150 bake cycles for clean and easy removal
- Attach the dispenser to the end wall for the floor installation
- Pull out the material and align the first floor section close to the wall
- Continue installing sections as needed
- The dispenser may also be placed on the floor for dispensing
- Important Avoid covering the floor grate (material may restrict air flow)