- Sticks immediately and resists lifting or curling for paint applications
- Conforms and maintains integrity when formed around a corner
- Crepe backing is easy to tear, resists slivering, and provides one piece removal
- Manufactured without solvents for minimal environmental impact
- Aggressive synthetic rubber adhesive provides instant adhesion and medium holding power on a wide variety of surfaces
- Polyethylene backing is waterproof, prolonging the tape bond in moist and humid environments
- Cloth scrim tears straight in both directions easy handling and application
- Conformable tape performs well on curved and irregular surfaces
- Withstands temperatures up to 200°F/93°C for a short duration
3M™ High Performance Masking Tape 232 is capable of masking paint while removing cleanly. Its thick crepe paper backing contains a solvent-resistant saturant that helps resist paint bleed against latex- and oil-based paints.
Available in a variety of widths
3M™ High Performance Masking Tape 232 conforms well for masking around corners and over irregular surfaces. The rubber adhesive sticks instantly and offers strong holding power that resists lifting, curling, and adhesive transfer when removing from surfaces like EDPM rubber moldings. This tape delivers superior performance as a paint masking tape for demanding applications.
The crepe paper backing tears easily, offers moderate conformability around corners and over irregular surfaces, and lifts off cleanly. The natural rubber adhesive bonds well to paper, metal, wood and painted surfaces with reliable holding power and conformability. Under normal operating conditions, 3M™ High Performance Masking Tape 232 features one piece removal without slivering.
For a similar tape that offers greater elongation and superior sliver resistance, 3M™ High Performance Green Masking Tape 401+
Sticks immediately, holds reliably
What is Masking Tape?
- Paint masking
- Temporary Holding
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.