- Inline splice for joining jacketed concentric neutral (JCN) and concentric neutral (CN) power cables
- Special electrode design of the kit reduces the electrical stress at a critical cable/splice interface
- Designed for feeder and distribution circuits, size transition splicing, direct burial installations, submerged locations and use with standard inline crimp connectors
- Cable has 1.24 to 2.07-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates 350 to 1000 kcmil size copper or aluminum conductors
- Silicon rubber-splice body provides good high and low temperature performance, and the EPDM rubber jacket offers physical protection
- Rated for 35 kV cables
- High-voltage, production-tested for partial discharge and AC ensure reliability
- Meets or exceeds the class rating requirements of IEEE 404 standards
3M™ 5468A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit is an inline splice designed to join 35kV jacketed concentric neutral (JCN) and concentric neutral (CN) power cables. The cold shrink design fits type MV-90 or type MV-105 cables with copper or aluminum conductors while ensuring a quick installation and excellent cable size transitions.
3M™ 5468A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit includes an adapter tube, 2 P55/R compound tubes, six 2230 mastic sealing strips, two 2228 mastic tape rolls, a neutral/CC-3 cable cleaning pad, 2 cable preparation templates and an instruction booklet. It has a computer-aided design that provides a compact size and optimal distribution of the electrical field. The cold shrink splice body has a specially formulated silicone rubber construction to ensure good high and low temperature performance. Its jacketing with EPDM rubber construction provides physical protection. The kit meets or exceeds class-rating requirements of IEEE 404 standards.
- For inline splicing
- For feeder and distribution circuits
- For jacketed concentric neutral cables (JCN)
- For concentric neutral cables (CN)
- For Copper or aluminum conductors
- For use with standard inline crimp connectors
- For size transition splicing
- For direct burial installations
- For submerged locations