Remove Burrs, Reduce Smearing, Minimize Gouging
- Durable, aggressive wheel for tough blending, finishing, and deburring on harder metals like stainless steel, carbon steel, high nickel alloys
- High concentration of abrasive mineral is fast cutting and consistently produces a bright finish throughout the life of the wheel
- Flexible, non-woven construction provides controlled abrasive action that helps prevent undercutting or gouging
- Tightly layered, unitized construction can operate in clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Scotch-Brite™ material resists loading and wears at a uniform rate to provide continuous cutting action
Use our Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Unitized Wheel to replace many conventional abrasive products such as rubber bonded wheels and small set-up wheels. The aluminum oxide mineral combined with a tough nylon web is ideally suited for producing uniform results. The tightly layered unitized construction and aggressive properties produce a smooth running, fast cutting wheel that runs cool and resists loading.
Aluminum Oxide Mineral Has High Cut-Rate, Hardness and Strength
The Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Unitized Wheel is filled with aluminum oxide abrasive mineral. We chose aluminum oxide because it is a popular choice among industrial professionals due to its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention all combine to make aluminum oxide mineral a good choice in grinding applications. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
The Many Benefits of Scotch-Brite™ Abrasives
Our Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives
are unique surface conditioning products
(PDF, 3.4 Mb) with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.