- Variety of abrasive grades and sizes provide an ideal starting point for cleaning, finishing, blending, and light deburring
- Open web material runs cool and resists loading for prolonged operation
- Conformable disc conditions surfaces without gouging, undercutting, or damaging the base material
- Suitable for metal, composite, plastics, and other materials
- Hook and loop attachment system provides fast disc change-out for multi-step finishing processes
Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Disc comes in a wide variety of grades and sizes and is an ideal first-step for cleaning, blending, deburring, and finishing. Durable, non-woven fiber construction conforms well on irregular or contoured surfaces without undercutting or damaging the base material.
Attach and remove easily to 3M™ Hook-and-Loop Backup Pads
The open-web material runs cool and resists loading to enable prolonged operation while evenly distributed aluminum oxide abrasives produce a high cut-rate for consistent finishing.
Our Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Disc uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Use with right angle and random orbital tools
industrial abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.