- Flap/mandrel assembly is portable for added convenience
- Tungsten carbide shot is bonded to the flaps, providing a cleaner peening method than loose shot "blasting"
- Available in three flap sizes for both small and large surface areas
- Especially effective for precision in-service rework, manufacturing, repair of small areas, and peening holes
- Imparts a compressive residual stress that benefits the material by strengthening its durability
Our 3M™ Roto Peen Flap Assembly effectively peens a variety of metals.
Peen surface with a circular motion. Tool must be pre-set to a constant torque
Our 3M™ Roto Peen Flap Assembly does not require a sandblaster or the accompanying abrasive materials, as the tungsten carbide shots are already adhered to the flap. The benefits of this unique construction are twofold. First, peening is cleaner because debris is not released as the flaps abrade the surface. The captive shot flaps provide a more precise method than loose shot "blasting." Second, the assembly is portable, making it more convenient for operators to use.
Flap/mandrel assemblies are especially effective for precision in-service rework, manufacturing, repair of small areas and peening holes. The 3M™ Roto Peen Flap Assembly comes in three sizes and allows for peening a variety of surfaces and radii area. Plus, the uniform TC-330 shot size contributes to consistent results. As the part is peened, a compressive residual stress is created. It's a non-yielding layer that increases the material's ability to fight fatigue, stress and fracturing.
Flap rotation speed is the most important factor affecting peening intensity. Increasing the speed of rotation increases the intensity. Conversely, decreasing the speed decreases the intensity. To ensure uniform peening coverage, operators should use a circular or oscillating motion over the entire area.