- Cubitron™ II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives
- Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) technology employs microreplication for extremely uniform abrasive
- Triangular PSG abrasive grains are super-sharp and cut exceptionally fast
- Grains are electrostatically oriented on abrasive surface for efficient cut, even wear
- PSG self-fractures during use to maintain sharpness and prolong abrasive life
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond lend this disc long life and tear-resistance
- Significantly longer lasting, completes more parts per disc and requires fewer disc changes
- Features 7/8” center hole diameter
3M’s Cubitron™ II Abrasive Fibre Disc is built for faster cutting of welds as well as grinding, weld blending, deburring and other tough metal finishing jobs. 3M™ Precision Shaped Grain – a tough, sharp ceramic abrasive – is resin-bonded to a stiff fiber backing. This disc lasts significantly longer than conventional ceramic grain discs, delivering a lower cost per grind with fewer disc changes.
3M precision-shaped grains form sharp peaks that easily "slice" through metal
3M™ Disc Sanders are great for grinding, blending, weld leveling, metal prep and other metal fabrication applications
Speed, Long Life and Ease of Use
Engineered for faster cutting, sustained performance, durability and increased throughout, our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Abrasive Fibre Disc is a game changer. It is constructed with 3M's breakthrough Precision Shaped Grain, with vulcanized fiber backing that resists wear and easily handles tough grinding applications like high-pressure weld grinding.
In short, Cubitron™ II outcuts and outlasts conventional ceramic industrial abrasives and requires less grinding force to achieve superior performance.
About 3M™ Cubitron™ II and Precision-Shaped Grain
3M™ Cubitron™ II abrasive discs, cutoff wheels and file belts have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. Cubitron™ abrasives feature our Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, which allows our engineers to control the geometry of the abrasive grain for a truly fast, efficient cut. Instead of simply crushing the abrasive into particles, 3M uses microreplication to uniformly size ceramic grains and precisely shape them into triangular structures — essentially, sharp peaks that slice, not plow, through paint and metal. These grains are electrostatically oriented on the abrasive surface for the most efficient cut and even wear. What's more, PSG fractures during use to maintain sharp abrasive edges. The result: Cubitron™ II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives.
Recommended Application: Heavy-Duty Stock Removal
Choose the Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc for medium to heavy-duty stock removal on carbon steel, as well as edge chamfering, beveling, weld grinding, and paint removal processes
A Portfolio of Abrasive Systems Solutions
- Clean and remove coatings
- Deburr metal
- Remove gaskets
- Polish and shape metal
- Remove oxidation, paint and rust
- Sand putty and primer or shape and sand filler
- Cut spot welds
- Strip paint to metal
- Slotted for cutting off weld and door skin removal
From specialty abrasives designed for a highly specific purpose to versatile sheets, 3M provides an abrasive to accomplish your task or perfect your system. At 3M, we draw from a wealth of original technologies and breakthrough inventions to provide a broad portfolio of abrasives that shape, finish and polish with ease and precision.
Find 3M™ Power Tools, Abrasives and Accessories
(PDF, 3.75 Mb)