- Inline splice for joining jacketed concentric neutral (JCN) and concentric neutral (CN) power cables
- Special electrode design of the kit reduces the electrical stress at a critical cable/splice interface
- Designed for inline splicing, feeder and distribution circuits, size transition splicing, direct burial installations and submerged locations
- Cable has 1.24 to 2.07-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates 500 to 1000 kcmil size copper or aluminum conductors
- Silicon rubber-splice body provides good high and low temperature performance, and the EPDM rubber jacket offers physical protection
- Rated for 25/28 kV cables
- High-voltage, production-tested for partial discharge and AC ensure reliability
- Meets the requirements of IEEE 404 standards
3M™ 5458A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit is an inline splice designed to join 25/28 kV jacketed concentric neutral (JCN) or concentric neutral (CN) power cables. The cold shrink design fits type MV-90 or type MV-105 cables with copper or aluminum conductors while ensuring a quick installation and excellent cable size transitions.
3M™ 5458A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit includes an adapter tube, 2 compound tubes, six 2230 sealing strips, two 2228 tape rolls, a neutral/CC-3 cleaning pad, 2 cable preparation templates and an instruction booklet. It has a computer-aided design that provides a compact size and optimal distribution of the electrical field. The cold shrink splice body has a specially formulated silicone rubber construction to ensure good high and low temperature performance. Its jacketing with EPDM rubber construction provides physical protection. The kit is for use with standard inline crimp connectors and meets the requirements of IEEE 404 standards.
- For inline splicing
- For feeder and distribution circuits
- For jacketed concentric neutral cables (JCN)
- For concentric neutral cables (CN)
- For Copper or aluminum conductors
- For use with standard inline crimp connectors
- For size transition splicing
- For direct burial installations
- For submerged locations