Built for Surface Conditioning Performance
- Aggressively removes paint, rust and coatings
- Load resistant material resists clogging for consistent cutting action
- Smear resistant properties avoid extra cleaning of the work surface
- Coarse grade silicon carbide provides aggressive cutting and leaves a fine finish without gouging the workpiece
- Roloc™ attachment system provides easy disc change out for multi-step finishing processes
The coarse grade abrasive is heat resistant and fast cutting while the open-web construction resists loading, all of which help give you consistent surface conditioning results. With the convenience of the Roloc™ attachment system, disc change-out for multi-step finishing processes is both quick and easy.
We use silicon carbide abrasive in the Scotch-Brite™ Roloc™ Clean and Strip XT Disc. Silicon carbide is a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep. While it breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish.
The Advantage of Scotch-Brite™ Abrasives
Our line of Scotch-Brite™ abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into a non-woven fiber matrix. Combining abrasives and non-woven material creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers The fast yet forgiving cut and consistent performance of Scotch-Brite™ abrasives allows you to condition surfaces without significantly changing the shape of dimension of the workpiece and helping to prevent undercutting and gouging. And it makes it easier to produce a consistent finish, part after part.
Learn More About Cutting & Grinding for Body Techs
(PDF, 2.4 Mb)